We cut and pack beef, pork and lamb for local farmers and smallholders.
We will collect your product from the local abattoir (Tottingworth Abattoir, Heathfield) and butcher and pack it to your requirements.
We are registered EC Cutting Plant - No. 6119
PRICES ARE AS FOLLOWS
- PORK: £30 each + £2/Kg Sausage Making if required
- LAMB: £18 each
- BEEF: £0.70 per kg (so a typical 300kg deadweight carcass would cost £210) plus delivery from abattoir at £20
We don’t charge extra for vacuum packing or boxes. If you do not require such packaging and want a very basic service, please call and the prices above can be adjusted accordingly.
We can make burgers at a cost of 28p per burger.
TYPICAL PRODUCT PREPARATION WOULD BE AS FOLLOWS:
- 2/3 into mince (2lb per bag).
- 1/3 into stewing and braising steaks/diced.
- Ribs as a roasting joint or cut into one rib per bag, or as a ribeye.
- Joints into 3-4 lbs (Top Rump, Topside, Silverside)
- Steaks 2 in a bag (Rump and Sirloin)
- Fillet - whole or steaked
- Mince 2lb per bag.
OFFAL and BONES
- Ox Tail cut into suitable lengths for stewing, 4 pieces per bag.
- Livers Sliced and each liver divided into four separate vacuum pack bags = 8 bags
- Tongues – Vacuum pack bag
- Box of marrow bones (or as many as you wish to keep)
Meat packed into vacuum packed bags, which are all individually labelled with the name of the joint/steak etc. and boxed.
Each pig body halved and each half boxed individually (Half pig per box).
Vacuum pack bags are all individually labelled with the name of the joint/chop etc.
- Boned and rolled into joints 1.5-2.0kg in weight and rind scored
- Loin chops on the bone – 2 per bag
- Spare ribs – bagged
- Belly’s boned and scored
- Roasting Joints boned and rolled 1.5-2.0kg in weight and rind scored
- Hock and Hand into sausages
- Head trimmed for sausages
- Any cuts as above not required as joints would also go in to sausages
- Flavouring choices include: Old English, Cumberland
- Sausages: 6 per lb.
- 6 per tray, wrapped (suitable for freezing)
- Legs left whole (or half)
- Shoulder left whole (or half)
- Neck : Chopped and bagged, four per bag (or neck fillet boned separately)
- Breast : boned and rolled and tied (or Minced)
- Cutlets : As a rack or cutlets
- Chump Chops : Two per bag
- Loin Chops: Four per bag
- Liver : sliced and bagged
Meat packed into vacuum packed bags, that are individually labelled and boxed.
- Lambs packed individually (one lamb per box)